Wednesday, Nov 26, 2014
  • Home
Pinellas News

Officials: Man in Dunedin burned in possible explosion


Published:

A man sustained multiple burns after a possible explosion Tuesday in Dunedin, fire officials said.

The fire started when the man put gas on a chimney, the Dunedin Fire Department said in a news release.

Firefighters were called and reported that the fire was contained.

The man, who is about 40 years old, was transported by Bayflite to Tampa General Hospital for treatment, the fire department said.

The address was not released by the fire department. According to the Pinellas County 911 Twitter account, an explosion call was received at 12:41 p.m. at 719 Beltrees St., Dunedin.

No other information was available.

Comments

Part of the Tribune family of products

© 2014 TAMPA MEDIA GROUP, LLC